Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- Credit: Google Maps
A new Mexican restaurant is set to open in Ely Leisure Village, on the site of the old Frankie & Benny's.
The venue, named El Guaca, will serve a variety of Mexican and street food dishes.
El Guaca say that the restaurant will open in July, but they cannot give a more specific date.
El Guaca's website states: "Our culture is about giving our customers an exciting, memorable and enjoyable experience.
"Whatever your reason for coming to El Guaca, we are here to make it a great one!"
The chain was founded in Maldon, Essex, in 2012 and already has branches in Newmarket, Clacton-on-Sea, Maldon and Colchester.
Each of the organisations restaurants boasts "the same vibrant menu and enticing cocktails".
In 2019, The Restaurant Group - who owns Frankie & Benny's and Chiquito - announced it is looking to shut half of its sites.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 3 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 4 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 7 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 8 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 9 Army assault course brought back to former glory at Waterbeach Barracks
- 10 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
The group, which also owns Wagamama and Coast to Coast, said it had more than 100 sites earmarked for closure already.
Restaurants in Ely and Wisbech closed for good in 2019.