Folk star Newton Faulkner set for Cambridge Corn Exchange show
- Credit: Archant
Folk singer Newton Faulkner will perform at the Cambridge Corn Exchange next week.
Touring ahead of the release of his fifth album, Human Love, the singer-songwriter visits the venue on Friday 22.
Starting life as a worldwide online hit for Major Lazer in 2012, amassing more than 50 million views, recent single Get Free showcases an evolution in sound for Newton and continues his affinity with covers; having previously released a critically acclaimed version of Massive Attack’s Teardrop on his debut album.
Since his debut number one album, Hand Built By Robots, came out in 2007, featuring smash hit Dream Catch Me, he’s released a further three top 10 selling albums.
Tickets, £24 including a £2.50 booking fee, can be purchased from www.cambridgelivetrust.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 9 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 10 Man found dead in March