Folk rock pioneers Steeleye Span set Key Theatre Peterborough date
- Credit: Archant
Folk rock pioneers Steeleye Span will perform in Peterborough later this month.
Maddy Prior – the voice of the band – will lead a line-up featuring faces old and new as the group perform ‘new gems alongside the classics that have made them one of the most successful British folk rock bands ever’.
Fast approaching their 50th anniversary, the bands’ eighth album in 12 years saw them return to the folk tales and characters that have always been at the heart of the Steeleye sound.
It saw the folk-rock pioneers continue drawing stories of murder, religion, incest, skulls, honour killings and tormented spirit.
The band will play ‘Hark!’ in its entirety for the first time.
The group will visit the Key Theatre, Embankment Road on Monday November 20.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
Tickets; £22.50 available by calling 01733 207237 or from https://www.vivacity-peterborough.com/whatson/theatre/steeleye-span/