Folk rock pioneers Steeleye Span set Key Theatre Peterborough date
- Credit: Archant
Folk rock pioneers Steeleye Span will perform in Peterborough later this month.
Maddy Prior – the voice of the band – will lead a line-up featuring faces old and new as the group perform ‘new gems alongside the classics that have made them one of the most successful British folk rock bands ever’.
Fast approaching their 50th anniversary, the bands’ eighth album in 12 years saw them return to the folk tales and characters that have always been at the heart of the Steeleye sound.
It saw the folk-rock pioneers continue drawing stories of murder, religion, incest, skulls, honour killings and tormented spirit.
The band will play ‘Hark!’ in its entirety for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
The group will visit the Key Theatre, Embankment Road on Monday November 20.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Tickets; £22.50 available by calling 01733 207237 or from https://www.vivacity-peterborough.com/whatson/theatre/steeleye-span/