Folk duo announce Ely date as part of UK tour
- Credit: Archant
Folk duo Damien Barber and Mike Wilson will be performing at Ely Folk Club, in January.
Damien and Mike have more than 40 years experience as performers and will be heading out on the road in 2015 on a tour of folk venues across the UK.
As part of their tour, the pair will be in Ely on January 14.
Raised in Norfolk and heavily influenced by such earlier Norfolk singers as Walter Pardon and Peter Bellamy, Damien is a stylish and distinctive singer, either unaccompanied or using guitar or concertina.
Mike Wilson is the youngest member of the Wilson family, the powerful Teesside singing siblings who have raised the rafters at many a festival or folk club event. His musical heritage is emphatically that of the North East – rural and industrial folk song both traditional and modern.
You may also want to watch:
Damien and Mike have a rich shared repertoire of traditional songs plus the work of modern folk writers such as Bellamy, Ewan MacColl and Mike Waterson
The concert begins at 8pm and takes place at the Old Dispensary, in St Mary’s Street. Tickets, £9 in advance or £10 on the door, are available from 01353 740999 or 01353 664706.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town