Films from the Fens to hit the big screen thanks to the Field Theatre Group
- Credit: Archant
The Field Theatre Group is to celebrate film-making in Fenland by hosting a programme of local films.
The programme, supported by a grant from the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership, will showcase animations, documentaries, and shorts that relay stories from around the county.
A Field Theatre Group spokesman said: “There is something for everyone is the summer’s programme.
“We are delighted to be bringing this exciting selection of films to the public. The Fenland landscape, its people and places have inspired our film-makers and their work provides an insight into the history, culture and heritage of our unique region.”
The films are to go on view at the Welney Wetlands Centre and Babylon Gallery, Ely, from Thursday July 21 to Saturday July 30.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free, but booking is advised. For a full screening schedule or to reserve seats, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit search ‘Field Theatre Group’ on Facebook.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station