‘Farm and Countryside’ event at Farmland Museum and Denny Abbey
- Credit: Archant
The Farmland Museum and Denny Abbey will host an event titled ‘Farm and Countryside’ on Sunday July 9.
“Celebrate the rural heritage of the area and the natural environment by coming along and joining in,” says museum manager Ann Ann Wise.
“The Raptor Foundation, The Woodland Trust, Rampton Spinners and the education team from Wicken Fen will be joining the museum team for the day, as well as several Norfolk horn sheep.”
“Singer Mike Ruff will be performing traditional and modern agricultural folk songs and chatting about the stories behind them.
“This is a great day out for all ages and perfect for meeting up with friends and family.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a make and take craft area and a family trail on the day.
Activities run from 10.30am until 4pm; the museum will be open until 5pm.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
Admission costs £5 for adults, £4 for concessions and £3 for children between the age of five and 17. Children under five get free entry, and a family ticket costs £13.
For more information go to www.farmlandmuseum.org.uk