Enjoy tea and cake with Mayor of Ely in aid of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Ely is inviting residents to enjoy tea and a slice of cake next weekend in support of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Councillor Lis Every’s event is due to be held on July 18 from 10am–4pm at the Cathedral Centre.2
Cllr Every said: “Last year I chose to support EACH as my chosen charity. In my second year as mayor I have pledged to support a range of local charities and I am very happy to continue to support EACH by hosting this event.
“As a charity EACH does wonderful work across Cambridgeshire caring for children and young people with life-threatening conditions.
“It’s the perfect way to break up your shopping trip with friends, enjoy a family trip out or just to come along with a good book.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Glover, EACH Cambridgeshire fund-raiser, said: “We are thrilled that Cllr Every has chosen to support us during her term as mayor. This tea and coffee morning is a lovely way to celebrate and we hope lots of people will come along to support the day.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation