Enjoy stunning array of gardens in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A group of beautiful gardens around Ely will be open for the public to admire on June 7.
The National Gardens Scheme is inviting guests to peruse a variety of superb gardens dotted around the city, with funds raised going to the scheme’s chosen charities.
Rosewell House, at 60 Prickwillow Road, has views of Ely Cathedral and the surrounding fenland. The garden boasts herbaceous borders, roses, a small pond and kitchen garden, a meadow with areas of cornfield planting and moving sculptures by Andrew Jones.
Close by, 50A Prickwillow Road is a small walled garden with shade border, succulents and vegetable plot, the emphasis being on foliage.
The Bishop of Ely’s garden, adjoining Ely Cathedral, has mixed planting with roses, wisteria and more.
At 12 Chapel Street, visitors can expect a small town garden reflecting the owners eclectic outlook, from alpine to herbaceous, all linked with a model railway.
Nearby, at 26 Chapel Street, a surprisingly long garden awaits with shrubs and developing areas of herbaceous planting.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 8 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
The open event runs from 2-6pm and combined admission to the gardens is £5. Children are admitted free.
For more information, visit www.ngs.org.uk/gardens/find-a-garden/