Enjoy family fun day at Burwell mill and museum
- Credit: Archant
Burwell Museum and Windmill will open on Easter weekend for the return of its annual Easter egg hunt and family day.
Visitors will get the chance to explore the museum, hunt for eggs and receive a tasty prize, enjoy newly refurbished exhibits and visit the brand new tea room for refreshments.
Guests will also get the chance to climb up inside Stevens’ Mill and see where hit CBBC show The Dare Devil was filmed.
The family day takes place on Sunday and Monday, April5-6, from 11am-5pm.
Burwell’s windmill was refurbished thanks to a £420,000 donation from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the dedicated work of a team of volunteers as part of the Fresh Wind in our Sails project.
You may also want to watch:
The Grade II* listed, four-storey tower mill, was built around 1820 and it is the aim of the project to restore it to working order so its milling machinery using sails and wind power can be accessed by the public.
Admission to the fun day is £4 for adults and £2 for children. Under 5s and season ticket holders are admitted free.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody