Enjoy a heritage open day and harvest fair at Burwell Museum
- Credit: Archant
Burwell Museum and Windmill will be celebrating the harvest with a special themed event.
A harvest fair is taking place on Sunday, September 28, from 11am-5pm.
The day will see several short masterclasses including home beer brewing, bread and chutney making and floristry.
There will also be live folk music, and the WI will be running a stall.
Families will also be well catered for, with harvest crafts on offer, plus a ‘fork to fork’ competition to enter. Just make a harvest themed model from paper craft, food, woodwork or clay, or whatever material you fancy, and enter our ‘best in show’ competition. Prizes will be awarded for the best entries.
Admission is £4 for adults, £1.50 for children, and includes a free pint of beer or a soft drink. Other refreshments will be available from the kiosk.
Running alongside the harvest fair will be a free heritage open day event.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
The museum will be offering a free programme of talks and workshops throughout the day. There will be 10-minute talks on oral history, Fenland cures and the restored Stevens’ Mill.
There will also be a dance workshop inspired by oral histories, and drop-in sketch workshops with our artists in residence. Watch a blacksmith at work, or help to write and illustrate a story in the ‘imagine a story’ tent.