Enjoy a heritage open day and harvest fair at Burwell Museum
- Credit: Archant
Burwell Museum and Windmill will be celebrating the harvest with a special themed event.
A harvest fair is taking place on Sunday, September 28, from 11am-5pm.
The day will see several short masterclasses including home beer brewing, bread and chutney making and floristry.
There will also be live folk music, and the WI will be running a stall.
Families will also be well catered for, with harvest crafts on offer, plus a ‘fork to fork’ competition to enter. Just make a harvest themed model from paper craft, food, woodwork or clay, or whatever material you fancy, and enter our ‘best in show’ competition. Prizes will be awarded for the best entries.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £4 for adults, £1.50 for children, and includes a free pint of beer or a soft drink. Other refreshments will be available from the kiosk.
Running alongside the harvest fair will be a free heritage open day event.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
The museum will be offering a free programme of talks and workshops throughout the day. There will be 10-minute talks on oral history, Fenland cures and the restored Stevens’ Mill.
There will also be a dance workshop inspired by oral histories, and drop-in sketch workshops with our artists in residence. Watch a blacksmith at work, or help to write and illustrate a story in the ‘imagine a story’ tent.