English Touring Opera company comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The English Touring Opera company presents Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro and Puccini’s Il Tabarro and Gianni Schicchi at the Cambridge Arts Theatre.
The Marriage of Figaro is a world-class piece of work that is considered to be one the world’s most beloved operas.
The classic comedy is equally acclaimed for its sublime music and huge sense of fun. During the course of one eventful day, Figaro and Susanna must overcome every obstacle put in their way by Count Almaviva and his cronies before they can finally be united as man and wife.
Puccini’s one-act operas could hardly be more different: one is a moody romance ending in grotesque murder on a barge in Paris, and the other is a sparkling comedy about a family inheritance in Florence.
The Marriage of Figaro is on April 17/20/21 and will be sung in English.
You may also want to watch:
Il Tabarro and Gianni Schicchi are on April 18/19. Tickets are priced at £25-£45 and available from the box office on: 01223 503333. Performances start at 7.30pm.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens