English Touring Opera company comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The English Touring Opera company presents Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro and Puccini’s Il Tabarro and Gianni Schicchi at the Cambridge Arts Theatre.
The Marriage of Figaro is a world-class piece of work that is considered to be one the world’s most beloved operas.
The classic comedy is equally acclaimed for its sublime music and huge sense of fun. During the course of one eventful day, Figaro and Susanna must overcome every obstacle put in their way by Count Almaviva and his cronies before they can finally be united as man and wife.
Puccini’s one-act operas could hardly be more different: one is a moody romance ending in grotesque murder on a barge in Paris, and the other is a sparkling comedy about a family inheritance in Florence.
The Marriage of Figaro is on April 17/20/21 and will be sung in English.
Il Tabarro and Gianni Schicchi are on April 18/19. Tickets are priced at £25-£45 and available from the box office on: 01223 503333. Performances start at 7.30pm.
- 1 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 2 Cinderella makes a comeback thanks to Players' Christmas pantomime
- 3 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 7 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Dental practice plan move to business park