Elysian Winter Beer Festival returns for eighth year in January
- Credit: Archant
The Ely and District Branch of CAMRA will hold its 8th Elysian Winter Beer Festival on Friday 27 and Saturday 28 January.
Taking place at The Maltings on Ship Lane, the festival opens from 10.30am till 10pm on Friday 27 and 10.30am till 8pm on Saturday 28.
Tony Gimbert, festival organiser, said: “This year there will be a vast choice of over 80 real ales and ciders; some form brand new micro-breweries as well as beers from the north of England, the Midlands and of course East Anglia.
“To add to the variety we will be having a selection of local ciders. Moonshine, Xtreme, Three Blind Mice and Bexar County will each have individual bars at the festival so you may get the chance to chat with the brewers.
“The range of ales and ciders on offer has been chosen to reflect the diverse array of tastes and styles of ales, including a range of Milds, cask lagers and ciders and we hope that there will be at least one beer to suit each customer’s palate.”
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free at all sessions for card-carrying CAMRA members and costs £2 for non-members. There will also be collections for two local charities: EARTH Ely and Ely Volunteer Bureau.
The venue has disabled access. Hot food will be available at all sessions.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
If you wish to volunteer at the festival contact Marc Gath, staffing officer, on email@example.com