Ely songwriter plays to sell-out crowd at Babylon Gallery
- Credit: Archant
ELY songwriter Will Law celebrated the release of his debut single ‘It’s A Long, Long Way to Tennessee’ with a sold out gig at the Babylon Gallery on Friday.
Hosted by BBC Radio Cambridgeshire’s Sue Marchant, the gallery was packed from start to finish. Tom Simkins of BBC Introducing in Cambridgeshire was also in attendance, reporting that the evening was “absolutely fantastic and a brilliant showcase of what talent Cambridgeshire has to offer.”
Also performing were fellow aspiring local musicians Grace Sarah and Zak Thomas, who both impressed the 70+ audience at the gallery with their self penned songs. Grace, who won the Strawberry Fair Band Competition last year, has just released her single ‘Sunrise’ while Zak, formerly of Cambridge outfit Isaac’s Aircraft, is promoting his debut EP ‘Phoenix’.
Will said “I was thrilled to get Zak and Grace on board. I’ve had a lot of people telling me how good they were and they have deservedly acquired themselves some new fans.”
Will - who performs as Just William and the Outlaws - played tracks from his catalogue accompanied by a band consisting of Oscar Haines on bass guitar and Ben Nicholson on drums and harmonica. The single is on iTunes under ‘Just William and the Outlaws’ and a promotional video for the single is now available to watch on Youtube.
You may also want to watch:
More information at www.justwilliamandtheoutlaws.com, www.gracesarah.com and www.zakthomasmusic.bandcamp.com
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools