Visit Ely launch new series of socially distanced picnic walks
- Credit: Archant
Visit Ely have launched a new series of socially distanced picnic walks to take place around the city.
“Discover the spirit of Ely by enjoying a walk that celebrates the city’s past and present,” say organisers.
“Our new walk offers a fascinating blend of heritage and architecture, followed by a Lemon Tree Deli picnic in Ely Park - bring your own blanket.”
Guests will be able to choose from meat, vegetarian or a devotion or both as well as mini filled rolls, Corkers crisps and fresh fruit.
They will also get a choice of cake - lemon drizzle, blueberry with lemon frosting, chocolate brownie or gluten free almond, pistachio and lemon.
All guests will also receive a bottle of water.
Taking place every Wednesday until August 26, the walks depart from Oliver Cromwell’s House in St Mary’s Street, Ely at 11am.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 5 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 10 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
Admission costs £13 per person and limited places are available.
To book visit www.visitely.org.uk/whats-on