Visit Ely launch new series of socially distanced picnic walks
- Credit: Archant
Visit Ely have launched a new series of socially distanced picnic walks to take place around the city.
“Discover the spirit of Ely by enjoying a walk that celebrates the city’s past and present,” say organisers.
“Our new walk offers a fascinating blend of heritage and architecture, followed by a Lemon Tree Deli picnic in Ely Park - bring your own blanket.”
Guests will be able to choose from meat, vegetarian or a devotion or both as well as mini filled rolls, Corkers crisps and fresh fruit.
They will also get a choice of cake - lemon drizzle, blueberry with lemon frosting, chocolate brownie or gluten free almond, pistachio and lemon.
You may also want to watch:
All guests will also receive a bottle of water.
Taking place every Wednesday until August 26, the walks depart from Oliver Cromwell’s House in St Mary’s Street, Ely at 11am.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
Admission costs £13 per person and limited places are available.
To book visit www.visitely.org.uk/whats-on