Ely Sinfonia set to host ‘a feast of European music’ at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Ely Sinfonia will host ‘a feast of European music’ at Ely Cathedral on Saturday May 6.
Paul Hindemith’s Symphonic Metamorphosis, César Franck’s Symphony in D Minor and Maurice Ravel’s exquisite Le Tombeau de Couperin will be performed.
“If you haven’t heard Symphonic Metamorphosis, you are in for a treat,” say promoters.
“It was originally the brainchild of the choreographer and dancer, Leonine Massine. The result is an absolute glory from a German composer whom the Nazis labelled ‘degenerate’.
Tickets; £7.50 to £22, are available from www.tickets.elycathedral.org or by calling the Ely Cathedral box office on 01353 660349.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.elysinfonia.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation