Ely Sinfonia’s spring concert will celebrate works of Edward Elgar
- Credit: Archant
Ely Sinfonia returns to Ely Cathedral next month for its annual springtime concert.
The group announced this week that it will perform a programme based on the works of English composing great Edward Elgar.
It takes place on March 29 and will feature the uplifting and melodic Enigma Variations, including Nimrod. Also on the programme is Elgar’s Sea Pictures.
The concert will feature mezzo-soprano Hannah Pedley alongside the orchestra. Elgar’s Introduction and Allegro will also be performed.
Tickets, priced from £10-£20, are available from the box office. Family tickets are also available.
You may also want to watch:
Sitting in £15 seats, family tickets cost £25 for one adult and up to two children, or £45 for two adults and up to three children.
Sitting in £10 seats, family tickets are £20 for one adult and up to two children, or £35 for two adults and up to three children.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
To purchase, call the box office on 01353 660349.