Ely’s Mallory Knox prepare to for release of second album
- Credit: Archant
Ely rockers Mallory Knox will be releasing their brand new single ‘Ghost In The Mirror’ on August 18, the first single from their second album, Asymmetry.
Last year was a year crammed with achievements that quickly established Mallory Knox as one of the hottest new British rock bands on the block.
The group has come a long way since 2010, when they played a headline set at the Beet Club, in Ely.
Standout tracks from the group’s first album such as Lighthouse and Beggars stormed their way onto discerning playlists everywhere. It saw them nominated for Kerrang! Awards and culminated in a deal with Sony.
It also saw them triumph at support slots with Don Broco and A Day To Remember, on their own headline tour and at festivals from Slam Dunk to the main stage at Reading and Leeds.
Mikey Chapman said: “This album sees us really develop as musicians and as a band. The heavier stuff is more credibly heavy and the poppier stuff is more genuinely poppy. It’s an eclectic mix of everything we love musically.”
After being premiered on Zane Lowe on Radio 1, which saw them trend on twitter, Ghost In The Mirror has now been added to the Radio 1 C List four weeks before release.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Mallory Knox will play the main stage at Reading/Leeds Festival on August 22-23, as well as a warm up show in Norwich at The Waterfront on August 20.