Ely’s Mallory Knox prepare to for release of second album
- Credit: Archant
Ely rockers Mallory Knox will be releasing their brand new single ‘Ghost In The Mirror’ on August 18, the first single from their second album, Asymmetry.
Last year was a year crammed with achievements that quickly established Mallory Knox as one of the hottest new British rock bands on the block.
The group has come a long way since 2010, when they played a headline set at the Beet Club, in Ely.
Standout tracks from the group’s first album such as Lighthouse and Beggars stormed their way onto discerning playlists everywhere. It saw them nominated for Kerrang! Awards and culminated in a deal with Sony.
It also saw them triumph at support slots with Don Broco and A Day To Remember, on their own headline tour and at festivals from Slam Dunk to the main stage at Reading and Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
Mikey Chapman said: “This album sees us really develop as musicians and as a band. The heavier stuff is more credibly heavy and the poppier stuff is more genuinely poppy. It’s an eclectic mix of everything we love musically.”
After being premiered on Zane Lowe on Radio 1, which saw them trend on twitter, Ghost In The Mirror has now been added to the Radio 1 C List four weeks before release.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Mallory Knox will play the main stage at Reading/Leeds Festival on August 22-23, as well as a warm up show in Norwich at The Waterfront on August 20.