Ely Pop Up Gospel Choir hopes to raise the roof with fundraising concert
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Pop Up Gospel choir is hoping to raise the roof and thousands for charity as local performers and soloists take to the stage this Sunday, July 16.
The choir was launched last year by West End performer and Ely mother of three Lisa Olsworth-Peter. It originally had 42 members but 62 people will be singing their hearts out during two performances - at 2.30pm and 6pm - in St Mary’s Church.
Over £2,200 has already been raised through ticket sales, with proceeds being donated to St Mary’s Church Summer Party and Potters Village, a Child Crisis and Medical Centre in South West Uganda.
Lisa Olsworth-Peter, Ely Pop Up Gospel Choir’s founder, said: “The choir is made up of such an incredible group of people, the atmosphere is electric and there is so much joy in the community.
“This year I’m absolutely thrilled that we’ll be premiering a song written by the extremely talented Shean Williams, who’ll be performing with us following his recent work with Robbie Williams and Craig David! We’ll also be singing songs from The Lion King and are so honoured that our soloist will be Alex Agboke, who has performed in the show’s West End production.”
You may also want to watch:
Sunday’s concert will also include songs from Sister Act, as well as classics including When The Saints Go Marching In and Glory Glory Hallelujah.
For tickets, email email@example.com
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound