Ely Guild of Woodturners to host 12th annual exhibition and sale
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Guild of Woodturners will host their 12th annual exhibition and sale this month.
‘Art In Wood’ will run from Saturday 19 to Monday 28 August from 10am to 5pm daily at the Cathedral Centre, Palace Green, Ely.
There will be demonstrations and refreshments most days.
Entry is free and there is disabled access.
Auctioneer David Palmer, who has appeared on ‘Flog It’, ‘Bargain Hunt’ and ‘Cash in the Attic’ as well as charity auctions, will officially open the exhibition on Saturday 19.
You may also want to watch:
Gill Marchant, of the guild, said: “Come and see the many very varied things we make, chat to the turners and look at our exhibition and sale rooms - pieces change daily in the sale room.
“We have a large, thriving club with both male and female turners of all ages, and we have free tuition for beginners who are members at each meeting. So if you are thinking of a new hobby come and talk to us.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
For more information visit www.elyguildofwoodturners.org.uk