Ely Folk Festival is just around the corner!
- Credit: Archant
With less than two weeks to go until the 31st annual Ely Folk Festival final preparations are underway for what promises to be the best festival yet.
Held from July 8 to 10 at Ely Outdoor Centre, Downham Road, the festival showcases the best in roots and folk music
The 2016 festival will be opened by this year’s festival band competition winner, Georgia Lewis and Friends. The full line-up includes Blackbeard’s Tea Party, Heidi Talbot, Gigspanner, Wizz Jones, Fred’s House, Keith Donnelly, Rusty Shackle and RURA.
As well as concerts, there will be workshops and three ceilidhs led by bands including Monster Ceilidh Band and Steamchicken.
Fionnuala Lennon, from the festival organising committee, said: “There’s a real buzz about the festival as it’s bigger and better than ever.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got a fantastic varied line-up this year with over 30 music acts performing from The Young’Uns who are one of folks hottest properties on Friday night, the distinctly Caribbean influenced vibe of Edward II on Saturday night and some of the best Irish and Scottish musicians around on Sunday night with Altan & Dougie MacLean.
“There’s even more activities and events for kids on the festival site with a distinctly ‘bug’ theme this year, and of course the festival procession around Ely on Saturday morning where around 20 morris teams will dance their way along High Street. “
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
Tickets for Ely Folk Festival are still available. Single day tickets start at £24 for Friday and £79 for a weekend ticket. Reduced price tickets are available for concessions and young people; and children under 10 get free entry.
For more information visit www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk