Ely Folk Festival 2016 tickets on sale next week - and the band competition opens on the same day!
- Credit: Archant
Tickets for the 2016 Ely Folk Festival go onsale this Monday, (February 15) – the same day its annual band competition is launched.
The 2016 festival, which runs from July 8 to 10, boasts a diverse line-up including Edward II, the English roots band that uniquely blends Caribbean rhythms with traditional songs; internationally renowned Irish trad group, Altan; and singer/songwriter Dougie MacLean whose anthem Caledonia is one of Scotland’s most popular contemporary songs.
Martin Simpson, The Young’uns, Blackbeard’s Tea Party, Heidi Talbot Band, Gigspanner, Wizz Jones, RURA and lots more will also perform.
The festival also hosts three ceilidhs over the weekend led by bands including Monster Ceilidh Band and Steamchicken.
Tickets cost £69 (adult weekend), £24+ (day tickets) and are reduced for concessions and young people. Children under 10 will receive free entry.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to book, visit: www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 4 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 10 Open air theatre is back in Ely this weekend