Ely Folk Festival 2016 tickets on sale next week - and the band competition opens on the same day!
- Credit: Archant
Tickets for the 2016 Ely Folk Festival go onsale this Monday, (February 15) – the same day its annual band competition is launched.
The 2016 festival, which runs from July 8 to 10, boasts a diverse line-up including Edward II, the English roots band that uniquely blends Caribbean rhythms with traditional songs; internationally renowned Irish trad group, Altan; and singer/songwriter Dougie MacLean whose anthem Caledonia is one of Scotland’s most popular contemporary songs.
Martin Simpson, The Young’uns, Blackbeard’s Tea Party, Heidi Talbot Band, Gigspanner, Wizz Jones, RURA and lots more will also perform.
The festival also hosts three ceilidhs over the weekend led by bands including Monster Ceilidh Band and Steamchicken.
Tickets cost £69 (adult weekend), £24+ (day tickets) and are reduced for concessions and young people. Children under 10 will receive free entry.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to book, visit: www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’