Ely couple’s Reflections on the Landscpae artwork to go on display in city
- Credit: Archant
An Ely couple will put their artwork on display next month as part of their Reflections on the Landscape exhibition.
Work by husband and wife artists Tom and Valerie Sims will go on show at The Old Fire Engine House, 25 St Mary’s Street from February 3 to 26.
Valerie creates handmade black and white woodcuts whilst Tom paints in an impressionist style using mixed media on canvas.
They both use the landscape as their inspiration and source material but each perceive and portray it in their own way.
It will be open from 10.30am-10.30pm Monday to Friday, 10.30am-5.30pm Saturday and 10.30am-4.30pm Sundays
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.valeriesims.co.uk or www.impasto.co.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k