Ely continental market to tickle taste buds with range of international foods
- Credit: Archant
A continental market is aiming to spice up the summer when it comes to Ely this weekend.
The market, which returns to the town for the first time since the spring, will be open from 9am-5.30pm from Saturday until Bank Holiday Monday.
There will be a number of stalls selling French, British, Spanish and Italian goods, as well as jewellery hand made from Baltic amber.
The market will also offer people the chance to try out Moroccan couscous and purchase Balinese craft goods.
Among the international cuisine available are cured meats, freshly baked French bread and the finest French cheeses, fresh olives and home-made olive oil, mustards, pasta, paella and fajitas.
There will also be croissants, Italian confectionary, candy, fudge, pastries, viennoiserie, baklava, nougat, Turkish delight and fruits and nuts on display for those with a sweet tooth.
The event is organised by Savoir Fayre Ltd, an international market event operator.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
A spokesman said: “All of the market traders are fully accredited and have been handpicked for their experience and professionalism.”