Ely continental market to tickle taste buds with range of international foods
- Credit: Archant
A continental market is aiming to spice up the summer when it comes to Ely this weekend.
The market, which returns to the town for the first time since the spring, will be open from 9am-5.30pm from Saturday until Bank Holiday Monday.
There will be a number of stalls selling French, British, Spanish and Italian goods, as well as jewellery hand made from Baltic amber.
The market will also offer people the chance to try out Moroccan couscous and purchase Balinese craft goods.
Among the international cuisine available are cured meats, freshly baked French bread and the finest French cheeses, fresh olives and home-made olive oil, mustards, pasta, paella and fajitas.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be croissants, Italian confectionary, candy, fudge, pastries, viennoiserie, baklava, nougat, Turkish delight and fruits and nuts on display for those with a sweet tooth.
The event is organised by Savoir Fayre Ltd, an international market event operator.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
A spokesman said: “All of the market traders are fully accredited and have been handpicked for their experience and professionalism.”