Ely College students stage charity concert in Littleport
STUDENTS from Ely College have organised a charity fund raising concert featuring local bands and singers, to be staged at YPL in Littleport tomorrow (Friday).
The event is part of the YPL Music Rooms project. and is organised by I Care, set up by students to raise money for the Samaritans and raise awareness about the problem of self harm.
Ines Stearman and Chelsie Croucher from I Care have been working with Nathan Jones from ADeC (Arts Development in East Cambridgeshire) to plan the show which will help them achieve an Arts Award qualification.
Nathan said: “It is wonderful to see young event managers and young performers working together to not only offer a great night out for people in Littleport but also to raise money for a good cause. This event is a fantastic example of how the Youth Music funding at YPL is helping to bring the community together through music.”
On stage will be Disseminate, Megan Bidecant, Luke & Owen from The Holden Girls and headlining will be local favourites 39 Days.
You may also want to watch:
Door open at 7pm and entry is �3. Refreshments will be available at the venue. For more information on the concert or the YPL music room project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car