Ely Cinema goes on tour at as part of the Isle of Ely Arts Festival
- Credit: Archant
AS part of this month’s Isle of Ely Arts Festival, Ely cinema is going on tour, taking some blockbuster films to village halls around the district.
The programme kicks off on Saturday - June 15 - with a showing of Quartet (12A) at the Ellesmere Centre in Stetchworth. The film is a 2012 British comedy drama, featuring Maggie Smith, Billy Connolly, Tom Courtenay, Pauline Collins and Michael Gambon
The following Saturday, June 22, the Life of Pi (12A), a 2012 fantasy adventure telling the story of a boy’s epic ocean journey with a Bengal tiger, will be shown at Wicken Village Hall.
As part of the Sutton Feast activities, the cinema is visiting Sutton on Thursday June 27, to show the cinematic romp Mama Mia (12A), featuring some of Abba’s greatest hits. There will be a supporting film, The Shop that Time Forgot. A Greek supper is available but must be pre-booked.
Rounding off the tour will be the showing of Quartet (12A) at the Arkenstall Centre in Haddneham on Saturday June 29.
You may also want to watch:
Films are all shown at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £5 for all locations, and can be booked on 01353 616991.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues