Ely Choral Society set for cathedral concert
- Credit: Archant
Ely Choral Society’s next concert will be a programme of works comprising Poulenc’s Gloria, Brahms’s Alto Rhapsody and Elgar’s The Music Makers in Ely Cathedral on Saturday April 13.
The society will be joined by two soloists and The Medlock Ensemble, who provide the large orchestral forces needed for these works.
The concert, which is supported by The Williams Church Music Trust and by The Elgar Trust, will be conducted by Andrew Parnell.
There are 50 free tickets available for local school children.
Tickets, from £8 to £25, are available from Ely Cathedral Box Office (01353 660349), at www.elycathedral.org/events and on the door.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'