Ely author Mary publishes latest novel about Second World War Britain
- Credit: Archant
Ely author Mary Nichols has published her latest Second World War novel, called We’ll Meet Again.
The book is described as a charming novel about wartime Britain.
It contains accurate hints to what life was like for families torn apart by the bombing of London and the efforts of the Bletchley Park scientists who worked so hard to decode the Germans’ secret messages.
Published by Allison and Busby, the book can be bought from Toppings book shop, in Ely, and is priced £7.99.
Mary, pictured above, will be one of the speakers at the writers’ day at Ely Library on October 17.
You may also want to watch:
She is also a judge of the short story competition, as part of the writers’ day. Closing date for entries is September 4.
Details of Mary’s books can be found on her website www.marynichols.co.uk
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 8 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute