Ely author Mary publishes latest novel about Second World War Britain
- Credit: Archant
Ely author Mary Nichols has published her latest Second World War novel, called We’ll Meet Again.
The book is described as a charming novel about wartime Britain.
It contains accurate hints to what life was like for families torn apart by the bombing of London and the efforts of the Bletchley Park scientists who worked so hard to decode the Germans’ secret messages.
Published by Allison and Busby, the book can be bought from Toppings book shop, in Ely, and is priced £7.99.
Mary, pictured above, will be one of the speakers at the writers’ day at Ely Library on October 17.
You may also want to watch:
She is also a judge of the short story competition, as part of the writers’ day. Closing date for entries is September 4.
Details of Mary’s books can be found on her website www.marynichols.co.uk
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse