Ely Amateur Dramatic Society to perform Noel Coward’s comedy farce ‘Blithe Spirit’ at The Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Ely Amateur Dramatic Society will perform Noel Coward’s comedy farce ‘Blithe Spirit’ at The Maltings next week.
Socialite and novelist Charles Condomine invites the eccentric medium and clairvoyant, Madame Arcati, to his house to conduct a séance, hoping to gather material for his next book.
The scheme backfires when he is haunted by the ghost of his annoying and temperamental first wife, Elvira, after the séance. Elvira makes continual attempts to disrupt Charles’s marriage to his second wife, Ruth, who cannot see or hear the ghost…
It will be performed on Thursday 19, Friday 20 and Saturday 21 October at 7.30pm each night.
Tickets are £11 and available from Burrows Bookshop by calling 01353 669759
You may also want to watch:
or online via www.ticketsource.co.uk/elyamateurdramaticsociety (there is an additional 95p online booking fee).
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 3 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 5 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 10 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade