Electric Eel Unplugged comes to the Babylon Gallery, Ely
THE Electric Eel series of live music gigs return to Ely on Friday in a new ‘unplugged’ version in the Babylon Gallery.
Electric Eel Unplugged is an acoustic showcase, featuring both well established local musicians and new faces.
Performers include John Barry and the humorous tales of ‘Easily Pleased’, who are joined by local young musicians, Just William and Ross Howard.
Lorry Spry, ADeC’s Creative Apprentice, who is organising the even,t said: “This will be the first show I have put on as part of my apprenticeship with ADeC. I decided to bring back the Electric Eel, which I remember performing at as a young musician.
“It’s a great opportunity to give a professional performance opportunity to local musicians and the Babylon is a great space.
“I’m really looking forward to the show. I’ve had a lot of the support and encouragement from both the performers and my ADeC colleagues.”
Doors open at 7pm, with the first act starting at 7.30pm. Tickets are �5 each, and can be bought from ADeC, The Babylon Gallery, or via the ADeC Box Office on 01353 616991.
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 6 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 7 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 8 Progress on introducing new 20mph speed limits to be discussed
- 9 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 10 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday
For more information visit the ADeC website www.adec.org.uk