‘Effortlessly classy’ Orkesta Mendoza set for Cambridge Corn Exchange show
- Credit: Archant
Orkesta Mendoza will bring a mix of cumbia, mambo, indie and tex-mex psychedelia to the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Wednesday April 26.
“Their brash, widescreen style and witty reference to 60s instrumental pop is both effortlessly classy and enormous fun,” say promoters.
They are led by Mexican-American kingpin Sergio Mendoza, who is also a member and co-producer of southwestern music legends Calexico, and arranger and founder member of Mexrrissey.
Tickets cost £15 for adults and £12.50 for under 26s.
Visit www.cambridgelivetrust.co.uk/cornex to book.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor