Drop-in workshops will help celebrate the beauty of the Ouse Washes
- Credit: Archant
Arts charity, ADeC is coordinating the design of three public mosaic murals for key locations across the Ouse Washes.
Artist, Carolyn Ash has already completed the first one at the Mepal Outdoor Centre, near Ely, and will shortly be holding some more drop-in workshops at Denver Sluice, near Downham Market.
Anyone can come along and help make the mural - no experience necessary as Carolyn will guide you through the whole process of this fascinating and absorbing craft.
Denver Sluice will be hosting the workshops from September 22-27, 10am - 3.30pm
These community murals have been made possible by a Heritage Lottery Grant to the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership. The scheme was set up to raise awareness and encourage greater local engagement with this special, but little-known area of East Anglia which stretches from Downham Market to St Ives.
You may also want to watch:
ADeC successfully applied for funds to commission the murals which will enhance the area and become a permanent feature of the landscape.
Check the Ouse Washes murals Facebook page for more information: www.facebook.comOWLPCommunityMurals
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment