A memorable night for drag fans in Fenland
- Credit: Cathy Gibb de Swarte
Members of the Littleport Ex-Servicemen's club were in for a treat on Saturday (July 17), after drag queen Felicity Flappes made an appearance.
Two hours and four quick costume changes later, super drag queen Felicity had ‘literally dragged herself out of (a too early) retirement’ to entertain an audience that was still adhering to rules reminiscent of wartime restrictions.
Felicity thrilled and amused with a selection of songs from musicals, with her own clever twist on the lyrics such as Abba’s ‘Money Money Money’.
The drag queen’s clever and acidic banter that often singled out members of the audience was sometimes almost lost in laughter and the fun atmosphere.
Chair of the club, Adi Keating said: “Thank you Mark Briggs aka Felicity Flappes.
“I haven’t laughed so much since the Covid outbreak and lockdown began and would love to have you back in the New Year!”
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series