A memorable night for drag fans in Fenland
- Credit: Cathy Gibb de Swarte
Members of the Littleport Ex-Servicemen's club were in for a treat on Saturday (July 17), after drag queen Felicity Flappes made an appearance.
Two hours and four quick costume changes later, super drag queen Felicity had ‘literally dragged herself out of (a too early) retirement’ to entertain an audience that was still adhering to rules reminiscent of wartime restrictions.
Felicity thrilled and amused with a selection of songs from musicals, with her own clever twist on the lyrics such as Abba’s ‘Money Money Money’.
The drag queen’s clever and acidic banter that often singled out members of the audience was sometimes almost lost in laughter and the fun atmosphere.
Chair of the club, Adi Keating said: “Thank you Mark Briggs aka Felicity Flappes.
You may also want to watch:
“I haven’t laughed so much since the Covid outbreak and lockdown began and would love to have you back in the New Year!”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'