Groovy baby! Disco Inferno to hit Littleport in spell-binding 70s musical
- Credit: Archant
Step back in time to the 1970s and get groovy with the award-winning Littleport Players in their latest production.
The smash hit musical Disco Inferno will be filled with glittery costumes, dodgy wigs and plenty of flares.
It will include toe-tapping songs such as Celebration, Fire, I Love to Love, Hot Stuff and Boogie Nights.
Becky Green, chair of Littleport Players, said: "We were absolutely thrilled to win the NODA award for best technical for last year's summer musical Our House - Madness Musical and to be nominated for best pantomime.
"It makes all the hard work seem much more worthwhile and by winning, or even being nominated, it creates more confidence among the group to strive towards top class productions.
You may also want to watch:
"This year's musical Disco Inferno is no exception to this and we can't wait for audiences to see it."
Discos Inferno, directed by Karen Booth, takes place on July 11 to 13 at 7.30pm at Littleport and East Cambs Academy.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
Doors open at 7pm with refreshments available.
It will be directed by Mark Checkley with choreography by former West End star Nikki Dyer.
Tickets can be booked online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/littleportplayers or in person at Bargain Centre and Bizzie Lizzie, in Littleport.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.