Groovy baby! Disco Inferno to hit Littleport in spell-binding 70s musical
- Credit: Archant
Step back in time to the 1970s and get groovy with the award-winning Littleport Players in their latest production.
The smash hit musical Disco Inferno will be filled with glittery costumes, dodgy wigs and plenty of flares.
It will include toe-tapping songs such as Celebration, Fire, I Love to Love, Hot Stuff and Boogie Nights.
Becky Green, chair of Littleport Players, said: "We were absolutely thrilled to win the NODA award for best technical for last year's summer musical Our House - Madness Musical and to be nominated for best pantomime.
"It makes all the hard work seem much more worthwhile and by winning, or even being nominated, it creates more confidence among the group to strive towards top class productions.
"This year's musical Disco Inferno is no exception to this and we can't wait for audiences to see it."
Discos Inferno, directed by Karen Booth, takes place on July 11 to 13 at 7.30pm at Littleport and East Cambs Academy.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 4 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 8 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 9 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
Doors open at 7pm with refreshments available.
It will be directed by Mark Checkley with choreography by former West End star Nikki Dyer.
Tickets can be booked online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/littleportplayers or in person at Bargain Centre and Bizzie Lizzie, in Littleport.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.