Deserts Rats Association to host Memorial Day fundraiser at Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
The Desert Rats Association is hosting a Memorial Day and Service to raise funds on Sunday June 18.
Running from 10.30am to 3pm, there will be various stalls, military vehicles, a marching band and 1940s singers at High Ash, Thetford Forest.
The memorial service starts at 2.30pm.
This year’s event is being supported by regular and army reserve units across East Anglia, military vehicle trusts, veteran organisations, army cadet forces and volunteers.
Entry costs £3.50 per person and is free for children under 12 and association members.
You may also want to watch:
The Desert Rats Association was born out of the idea for a memorial to the 7th Armoured Division in Thetford Forest by former trooper Leslie Dinning who served with the 4th County of London Yeomanry and 1st Royal Tank Regiment during the Second World War. The memorial is a Cromwell tank. The 7th Armoured Division were the first formation to be issued the Cromwell and it was operated by the Division from Normandy to Hamburg. Visit www.desertrats.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody