Visit Ely announces this year’s Easter guided walks programme
- Credit: Visit Ely
Visit Ely announced this year’s Easter guided walks programme on March 7.
The walks, lead by expert tour guides, will run throughout the bank holiday weekend in April (Friday 15 to Monday 18).
This year, those interested in taking part in the walks will be able to choose from four different tours depending on their interests.
These include: Ely’s monastic and architecture tour, city of Ely tour, Ely’s riverside tour and Ely’s Eel Trail.
Each of the tours start outside Oliver Cromwell’s House and usually last for around 90 minutes.
Matt Routledge from Visit Ely said: “The walks have been running for over a decade now and they continue to be so incredibly popular each year.
“The interesting thing about them is they’re popular with both visitors to Ely but also with those living in the area who want to discover more about the city they live in.”
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 9 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
He added: “All of the walks evolve each year and the guides always bring their own interesting addition to the tours which people like.”
You can book your place online or by calling Visit Ely on 01353 662062.