‘Magnificent’ views promised on Ely Cathedral tower tour
- Credit: Nicky Still
A tour at Ely Cathedral brings with it an "absolutely magical experience" for individuals who dare to climb to the top.
After climbing more than 170 steps, it takes you behind the scenes of the lantern, uncovers its "fascinating" history and opens up the angel doors so you can peer down into the cathedral.
Ely photographer, Nicky Still took these lovely images during her recent visit to Ely Cathedral.
She said: “It took my breath away.
“Obviously the stairs and doorways are very narrow but apart from that, I’d definitely recommend a guided tour here from Will Schenck.”
“I like sharing my photos so those who are unable to visit the octagon tour can see the view for themselves.”
Brave individuals can go on to the roof of the tower to see stunning views over Ely and the surrounding countryside.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
Adult admission is £16.50 and £8.50 for children aged 10 and over.