‘Magnificent’ views promised on Ely Cathedral tower tour
- Credit: Nicky Still
A tour at Ely Cathedral brings with it an "absolutely magical experience" for individuals who dare to climb to the top.
After climbing more than 170 steps, it takes you behind the scenes of the lantern, uncovers its "fascinating" history and opens up the angel doors so you can peer down into the cathedral.
Ely photographer, Nicky Still took these lovely images during her recent visit to Ely Cathedral.
She said: “It took my breath away.
“Obviously the stairs and doorways are very narrow but apart from that, I’d definitely recommend a guided tour here from Will Schenck.”
You may also want to watch:
“I like sharing my photos so those who are unable to visit the octagon tour can see the view for themselves.”
Brave individuals can go on to the roof of the tower to see stunning views over Ely and the surrounding countryside.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
Adult admission is £16.50 and £8.50 for children aged 10 and over.