Local musicians to perform at charity concert
- Credit: Little Band in the Corner
A group of Cambridgeshire musicians will take to the stage this month at a charity concert.
‘Rocking for Amnesty’ will be held in the gardens of Haddenham Arts Centre on Saturday August 14 to raise money for Amnesty International UK.
Three well-known bands and a solo musician will be performing.
Sally MacEachern, a spokesperson for Amnesty Ely, said: “Please pencil in the date to come and listen to Little Band in the Corner, Matt Everett, Kill Me Kate and The Fabs.
“We can’t guarantee the weather, but we can guarantee a relaxed vibe in a great location, and the chance to raise funds for a critical cause.”
Ticket holders will have access to the garden from 3pm, with the concert starting at 3:30pm until 7pm.
Visitors are welcome to bring a picnic, and Haddenham Arts Centre is also offering a cream tea or a full afternoon tea which needs to be booked in advance before August 10.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
There will be a licensed bar, soft drinks and ice-creams available.
Adult tickets are £12, and under-16s £6.