Local musicians to perform at charity concert
- Credit: Little Band in the Corner
A group of Cambridgeshire musicians will take to the stage this month at a charity concert.
‘Rocking for Amnesty’ will be held in the gardens of Haddenham Arts Centre on Saturday August 14 to raise money for Amnesty International UK.
Three well-known bands and a solo musician will be performing.
Sally MacEachern, a spokesperson for Amnesty Ely, said: “Please pencil in the date to come and listen to Little Band in the Corner, Matt Everett, Kill Me Kate and The Fabs.
“We can’t guarantee the weather, but we can guarantee a relaxed vibe in a great location, and the chance to raise funds for a critical cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Ticket holders will have access to the garden from 3pm, with the concert starting at 3:30pm until 7pm.
Visitors are welcome to bring a picnic, and Haddenham Arts Centre is also offering a cream tea or a full afternoon tea which needs to be booked in advance before August 10.
- 1 Sutton couple mark seven decades of marriage
- 2 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 3 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 4 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 5 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 6 Town considers home for market
- 7 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 8 Skate park campaigners hope Olympic glory works in their favour
- 9 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 10 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
There will be a licensed bar, soft drinks and ice-creams available.
Adult tickets are £12, and under-16s £6.