Peep Show star David Mitchell captivates Ely audience at book talk
- Credit: Archant
Comedian David Mitchell captivated an Ely audience as he spoke about his new best-selling book.
The 45-year-old held the event at Ely Cathedral last Tuesday (November 26) to talk about his book Dishonesty is the Second Best Policy.
The star of Peep Show's book is has been labelled as a "funny, provocative and refreshing celebration (and commiseration) of the state of things in our - not entirely glorious - modern world".
The talk focused on aspects of life that supposedly trouble Mitchell, including UKIP, Brexit, phone etiquette and twerking.
The night promised to be "incisive, hilarious and brilliantly observed comedy of the absurdities of the present age".
And members of the audience took to social media to praise the evening.
One commented: "What a great speaker David Mitchell is, it was such an engaging evening."
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 7 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 8 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 10 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
The event was organised by Toppings Ely.