Peep Show star David Mitchell captivates Ely audience at book talk
- Credit: Archant
Comedian David Mitchell captivated an Ely audience as he spoke about his new best-selling book.
The 45-year-old held the event at Ely Cathedral last Tuesday (November 26) to talk about his book Dishonesty is the Second Best Policy.
The star of Peep Show's book is has been labelled as a "funny, provocative and refreshing celebration (and commiseration) of the state of things in our - not entirely glorious - modern world".
The talk focused on aspects of life that supposedly trouble Mitchell, including UKIP, Brexit, phone etiquette and twerking.
The night promised to be "incisive, hilarious and brilliantly observed comedy of the absurdities of the present age".
You may also want to watch:
And members of the audience took to social media to praise the evening.
One commented: "What a great speaker David Mitchell is, it was such an engaging evening."
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
The event was organised by Toppings Ely.