Peep Show star David Mitchell captivates Ely audience at book talk
- Credit: Archant
Comedian David Mitchell captivated an Ely audience as he spoke about his new best-selling book.
The 45-year-old held the event at Ely Cathedral last Tuesday (November 26) to talk about his book Dishonesty is the Second Best Policy.
The star of Peep Show's book is has been labelled as a "funny, provocative and refreshing celebration (and commiseration) of the state of things in our - not entirely glorious - modern world".
The talk focused on aspects of life that supposedly trouble Mitchell, including UKIP, Brexit, phone etiquette and twerking.
The night promised to be "incisive, hilarious and brilliantly observed comedy of the absurdities of the present age".
You may also want to watch:
And members of the audience took to social media to praise the evening.
One commented: "What a great speaker David Mitchell is, it was such an engaging evening."
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Photographer captures Ely Cathedral from above in stunning video
- 3 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 4 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 5 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 6 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 7 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 8 My opinion on Fen Biosphere
- 9 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 10 Popular Ely pub may never re-open
The event was organised by Toppings Ely.