Darren Jeffrey coming back to Fordham for charity concert
- Credit: Archant
The Fordham Charity Group will be staging a concert at St Peter’s Church later this month.
The concert, entitled Movies and Musicals, takes place on April 25, at 7.30pm, and will star professional Bass-Baritone, Darren Jeffery, who was born and bred in Fordham.
Since graduating from the Royal Northern College of Music, Darren has appeared all over the world in addition to making various recordings and DVDs.
Darren was guest soloist at the Royal Albert Hall in a Christmas concert during December and has appeared in two BBC Proms and is currently engaged in a Covent Garden production, which will be seen in cinemas nationwide.
Appearing alongside Darren will be singers, Janet Scott and Lizzie Futter along with the Wicken Band and pianists, Anthony Seddon and Frank Taylor.
The concert will be a tribute to the some of the great music from the musicals and silver screen.
Tickets are on sale priced at £10 each and are available from Fancy Pants Shop in Carter Street, Fordham, Soham Books, High Street, Soham, or by calling 01638 720674.
- 1 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 2 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 6 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday
- 7 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 8 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
All profits will go to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, The Tree of Hope UK Children’s Charity and Wicken Band.