Darren Jeffrey coming back to Fordham for charity concert
- Credit: Archant
The Fordham Charity Group will be staging a concert at St Peter’s Church later this month.
The concert, entitled Movies and Musicals, takes place on April 25, at 7.30pm, and will star professional Bass-Baritone, Darren Jeffery, who was born and bred in Fordham.
Since graduating from the Royal Northern College of Music, Darren has appeared all over the world in addition to making various recordings and DVDs.
Darren was guest soloist at the Royal Albert Hall in a Christmas concert during December and has appeared in two BBC Proms and is currently engaged in a Covent Garden production, which will be seen in cinemas nationwide.
Appearing alongside Darren will be singers, Janet Scott and Lizzie Futter along with the Wicken Band and pianists, Anthony Seddon and Frank Taylor.
The concert will be a tribute to the some of the great music from the musicals and silver screen.
Tickets are on sale priced at £10 each and are available from Fancy Pants Shop in Carter Street, Fordham, Soham Books, High Street, Soham, or by calling 01638 720674.
- 1 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 2 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 3 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 6 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 Fenland: First they came with wind (turbines) now the sun (solar)
All profits will go to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, The Tree of Hope UK Children’s Charity and Wicken Band.