Darren Jeffrey coming back to Fordham for charity concert
- Credit: Archant
The Fordham Charity Group will be staging a concert at St Peter’s Church later this month.
The concert, entitled Movies and Musicals, takes place on April 25, at 7.30pm, and will star professional Bass-Baritone, Darren Jeffery, who was born and bred in Fordham.
Since graduating from the Royal Northern College of Music, Darren has appeared all over the world in addition to making various recordings and DVDs.
Darren was guest soloist at the Royal Albert Hall in a Christmas concert during December and has appeared in two BBC Proms and is currently engaged in a Covent Garden production, which will be seen in cinemas nationwide.
Appearing alongside Darren will be singers, Janet Scott and Lizzie Futter along with the Wicken Band and pianists, Anthony Seddon and Frank Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will be a tribute to the some of the great music from the musicals and silver screen.
Tickets are on sale priced at £10 each and are available from Fancy Pants Shop in Carter Street, Fordham, Soham Books, High Street, Soham, or by calling 01638 720674.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
All profits will go to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, The Tree of Hope UK Children’s Charity and Wicken Band.