Dame Evelyn Glennie to deliver masterclass at this year’s Cambridge International Jazz Festival
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge International Jazz Festival will host a masterclass from world-famous solo percussionist Dame Evelyn Glennie on November 19.
Evelyn is the first person in history to successfully create and sustain a full-time career as a solo percussionist, performing worldwide with the greatest conductors, orchestras, and artists.
With more than 80 international awards to date, including the Polar Music Prize and the Companion of Honour, Evelyn is also a leading commissioner of new works for solo percussion, with more than 200 pieces to her name from many of the world’s most eminent composers.
On November 19 she will guide a gathering of young musicians through their musical journeys during a master class at the festival.
The festival will run until November 26 and feature more than 200 musicians and 80 events at 25 venues.
You may also want to watch:
There are free events as well as those requiring tickets and many regional artists will play alongside headline acts.
Tickets and info: www.cambridgejazzfestival.co.uk
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation