Comedy classic brought to life on Ely stage
- Credit: Archant
Ely Amateur Dramatic Society is putting on a stage adaptation of the classic sit com The Vicar of Dibley, in February.
Samantha Gallop takes on the role of the female vicar thrust into a small and slightly bonkers community and its cast of marginally unhinged characters, with Lisa Bushell, Graham Stark, Steve Tittensor, Tony Ransome, Richard Dodd, Peter Clyne, Susan Howell and Chris Evans playing the villagers.
Director, Susan Harrison, said: “The Vicar of Dibley is such a well-loved comedy institution, and Ely Amateur Dramatic Society is proud to have the opportunity to perform this live version for local audiences.
“The whole cast is superb, and together they bring the essence of the parish of Dibley to life with wit, warmth and a great deal of joy. Expect lots of giggles, lots of familiar scenes and characters, a few emotional moments...and a few surprises.”
The stage production brilliantly evokes Dibley’s own particular brand of gentle, country-folk lunacy with lots of laughter, love and affection.
You may also want to watch:
Performances are taking place from Wednesday, February 18, through to Saturday, February 21, at 7.30pm, in Needhams Hall, Ely College.
Tickets, priced at £8, are available from Burrows Bookshop, in High Street Passage, Ely, or by calling 01353 669759.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review