Award-winning comedy Art comes to the Cambridge Arts Theatre this month
- Credit: Archant
The award-winning Art - considered one of the most successful comedies of all time - opens at the Cambridge Arts Theatre on February 14.
Starring Stephen Tompkinson, Denis Lawson and Nigel Havers, the play, by Yasmina Reza, will launch in Cambridge ahead of a national tour.
When Serge spends an extortionate amount of money on an all-white modernist painting, his close friends Marc and Yvan are baffled. But does their violent reactions to this provocative canvas mirror more dangerous antagonisms towards each other? Yasmina Reza’s dazzling study of friendship, prejudice and tolerance is a masterpiece.
Art first premiered in 1994 in Paris as a French-language play, and in 1996 was translated to English in London. The play was hugely successful in the West End and Broadway, winning Olivier, Tony and Moliere Awards and running worldwide for more than 20 years.
Art runs from February 12-24 and tickets, £25-£45, are available from the box office on 01223 503333 or online: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com
You may also want to watch:
Performance start at 7.30pm, with matinee performances at 2.30pm on Thursday and Saturday.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town