Come into the parlour at Ely Museum to meet Santa
- Credit: Archant
Santa will be in the Victorian parlour at Ely Museum on Saturday December 14 to meet and greet youngsters.
Museum curator Elie Hughes said: “Every child visiting Santa will receive a present and there will also be the chance for them to enjoy some traditional Christmas crafts like making cards and paper chains.
“It promises to be a fun day for the whole family. Parents, and grandparents, will find stocking fillers for all ages in our museum shop and there will be a tombola, a second-hand book stall and refreshments,” added Elie.
Entry to Ely Museum on the day will be free for everyone. There will be a charge of £3 for children wishing to visit Father Christmas who will be in his parlour from 10.30am-12.30pm and from 1pm-3pm.
City Cycle Centre of Ely are again sponsoring the event, which has also attracted sponsorship from MHH Partnership Ltd, chartered accountants and tax advisers, who have offices in Soham and Cottenham.
You may also want to watch:
In the run-up to Christmas, Ely Museum is open from 10.30am-4pm Monday, Wednesday-Saturday and from 1pm-4pm on Sundays. The Museum will be closed on December 25, 26 and 27 and on January 1. For further details tel. 01353 666655.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody