Collection of unique landscapes to be exhibited in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Artist Stuart Green is presenting his new exhibition of paintings produced over the last decade reflecting different aspects of landscape from around the world.
Moving Forward-Looking Back is coming to the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside, Ely, from May 2-17.
Since 1981, when he moved to Ely, Stuart has exhibited all over East Anglia in solo and group shows. He has also exhibited in Germany and has work in private collections both in Europe and Australia.
A teaching exchange in Australia dramatically changed his way of working. Seeing the world literally from many different perspectives encouraged new approaches and experimentation.
Stuart said: “By inclination I am a painter of landscape. At times I will record simply for the enjoyment of being in a particular place and at other times I will search more deeply for the marks that both man and nature have made.
You may also want to watch:
“It is through this search that I find the colours, patterns, textures and forms that are the roots of my work.”
For more information, contact the Babylon Gallery on 01353 616991.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody