Classical guitarist Craig Ogden to perform at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: JON SUPER
Australian-born guitarist Craig Ogden, regarded as one of the most electrifying classical guitar players of his generation, will perform at Ely Cathedral later this month.
On September 30, he joins Ely Sinfonia to play arguably the most famous guitar concerto of all time, Rodrigo’s Concierto de Aranjuez.
“Inspired by the gardens at Philip II’s spring palace, the Palacio Real de Aranjuez, this exquisite piece evokes the sounds of nature to transport the listener to another place and time,” say organisers.
“The Concierto de Aranjuez heads up an exciting programme, conducted by Steve Bingham, that also includes Rimsky-Korsakov’s Capriccio Espagnol and Danzon no.2, a delightful little piece by the Mexican composer Arturo Márquez, and finishes with Beethoven’s virtuoso Symphony no.2.
“Craig Ogden’s albums frequently top the UK Classical Chart and composers are lining up to write music especially for him.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, £8.50 to £20, are available from the Ely Cathedral Box Office by calling 01353 660349 or emailing email@example.com
Alternatively visit https://tickets.elycathedral.org/
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut