Classical guitarist Craig Ogden to perform at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: JON SUPER
Australian-born guitarist Craig Ogden, regarded as one of the most electrifying classical guitar players of his generation, will perform at Ely Cathedral later this month.
On September 30, he joins Ely Sinfonia to play arguably the most famous guitar concerto of all time, Rodrigo’s Concierto de Aranjuez.
“Inspired by the gardens at Philip II’s spring palace, the Palacio Real de Aranjuez, this exquisite piece evokes the sounds of nature to transport the listener to another place and time,” say organisers.
“The Concierto de Aranjuez heads up an exciting programme, conducted by Steve Bingham, that also includes Rimsky-Korsakov’s Capriccio Espagnol and Danzon no.2, a delightful little piece by the Mexican composer Arturo Márquez, and finishes with Beethoven’s virtuoso Symphony no.2.
“Craig Ogden’s albums frequently top the UK Classical Chart and composers are lining up to write music especially for him.”
Tickets, £8.50 to £20, are available from the Ely Cathedral Box Office by calling 01353 660349 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively visit https://tickets.elycathedral.org/
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely