Classical guitarist Craig Ogden and violinist Kate Clow to perform at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: JON SUPER
Australian-born guitarist Craig Ogden, regarded as one of the most electrifying classical guitar players of his generation, will perform at Ely Cathedral this weekend.
On Saturday September 30, he joins Ely Sinfonia - led by local nurse and violinist Kate Clow - to play Rodrigo’s guitar concerto ‘Concierto de Aranjuez’.
“Inspired by the gardens at Philip II’s spring palace, the Palacio Real de Aranjuez, this exquisite piece evokes the sounds of nature to transport the listener to another place and time,” say organisers.
“The Concierto de Aranjuez heads up an exciting programme, conducted by Steve Bingham, that also includes Rimsky-Korsakov’s Capriccio Espagnol and Danzon no.2, a delightful little piece by the Mexican composer Arturo Márquez, and finishes with Beethoven’s virtuoso Symphony no.2.
“Craig Ogden’s albums frequently top the UK Classical Chart and composers are lining up to write music especially for him.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, £8.50 to £20, are available from the Ely Cathedral Box Office by calling 01353 660349 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively visit https://tickets.elycathedral.org/
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody