Classical guitarist Craig Ogden and violinist Kate Clow to perform at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: JON SUPER
Australian-born guitarist Craig Ogden, regarded as one of the most electrifying classical guitar players of his generation, will perform at Ely Cathedral this weekend.
On Saturday September 30, he joins Ely Sinfonia - led by local nurse and violinist Kate Clow - to play Rodrigo’s guitar concerto ‘Concierto de Aranjuez’.
“Inspired by the gardens at Philip II’s spring palace, the Palacio Real de Aranjuez, this exquisite piece evokes the sounds of nature to transport the listener to another place and time,” say organisers.
“The Concierto de Aranjuez heads up an exciting programme, conducted by Steve Bingham, that also includes Rimsky-Korsakov’s Capriccio Espagnol and Danzon no.2, a delightful little piece by the Mexican composer Arturo Márquez, and finishes with Beethoven’s virtuoso Symphony no.2.
“Craig Ogden’s albums frequently top the UK Classical Chart and composers are lining up to write music especially for him.”
Tickets, £8.50 to £20, are available from the Ely Cathedral Box Office by calling 01353 660349 or emailing email@example.com
Alternatively visit https://tickets.elycathedral.org/
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 3 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 4 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens