Colourful piano recital by sought after musician as part of Isle of Ely Arts Festival
- Credit: Archant
One of the UK’s most talented young pianists comes to Ely Cathedral to play a colourful concert in aid of the Isle of Ely Arts Festival.
Clare Hammond is a local musician with a double first class honours in music from Cambridge University.
“When I first heard her play, I was so impressed with Clare Hammond that I was determined to invite her to perform Ely during the Festival season,” says Isle of Ely Festival chair Sheila Friend-Smith.
“We were delighted that not only did she accept our invitation to do so, but is performing to raise money for the Festival.”
She is in great demand both as a soloist and chamber musician and described as an acclaimed pianist of “amazing power and panache” with a “reputation for brilliantly imaginative concert programmes”.
You may also want to watch:
The concert is on Friday July 6 and is inspired by this year’s Festival theme of Flora and Fauna.
The whimsical programme will include the Presto from Mendelssohn’s The Bee’s Wedding, Rimsky-Korsakov’s The Flight of the Bumble-Bee, and Ewan Campbell’s Flight of the Killer Bee, as well as Four Impromptus by Schubert, Edmund Finnis’s Youth and Stravinsky’s Trois Mouvements de Petroushka.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
• Flora and Fauna will be held in the South Transept of Ely Cathedral at 7.30pm on Friday July 6. Doors and a Pimms Bar will open at 6.45pm. Tickets from Ely Cathedral Box Office and cost £15, or £5 for under 16s. All seats are unreserved. Call 01353 660349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.