Children’s treasure trail and village play will mark Littleport Riots bicentennary
- Credit: Archant
Revisit the Littleport Riots later this month when the Littleport Society and Littleport Players present ‘1816: The Year Without A Summer’.
Villagers will perform a drama in the village hall that chronicles the bloody events of 1816 that shocked the nation.
The play takes place on Tuesday May 24 and starts at 7.30pm.
Tickets are available from The Bargain Centre, Main Street, Littleport.
Also based on the riots, but for children, a Rioters Treasure Trail takes place on Sunday May 22 from 11am until 3pm – all adults must be accompanied by a child.
You may also want to watch:
Entry forms can be collected from The Barn Car Park or Adams Heritage Centre.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment