Children audition to join the cast of Jack and the Beanstalk
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 150 youngsters auditioned to take part in Ely’s first professional pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk, which will open at the Matlings later this year.
The panto will be performed between December 26 and January 14 - and tickets have just gone on sale for the 35 shows.
At the auditions, the aspiring panto babes from six to 13 were put through their paces. Successful youngsters will make up three groups that will sing and dance in the production.
Director Daniel Bell said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for young people to get involved in a professional production. They will get to perform alongside professionally trained actors in a production worthy of the West End.”
The professional cast for the panto has just been announced. Comedian Terry Gauci will star, alongside Dominic Owen as Silly Billy, and Natalie Coverley and Sarah-Jane Price as Jack and the Princess.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets vary from £8.50 for groups and schools and cost from £9- £13.50 for the general public. Tickets are available online www.kdtheatre.co.uk or by calling the box office on 01638 781037.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown