Charity book and yard sale at Hilgay Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
A charity book sale will be held at Hilgay Village Hall on Sunday October 15.
Organised by Hilgay butchers, Ali and Des Dent, money raised will go to their chosen charity, the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
These well-known local events now attract hundreds of people from Cambridge and Ely to King’s Lynn and from all over West Norfolk.
There will also be a yard sale around the village during the day.
Many people know cousins Ali and Des from the raft races and book sales they organise twice a year, raising thousands for local charities for over 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
The Motor Neurone Disease Association provides support to 15 or 20 people with MND in the local area at any one time.
The book sale runs from 10am to 4pm, with yard sales in the village running at the same time.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Tea, coffee and refreshments will also be available at the village hall.
Call Jane Lewis on 01263 740962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ali or Des Dent on 01366 387686 for more info.